Posted on August 8, 2023.
|Location:||St. Louis MO, Philadelphia PA (This role will be remote, but candidates must live in proximity to the area to service the territory, as determined by the company.)|
|Reports to:||Director of Sales|
|Compensation:||$100,000 to $120,000 base with an additional bonus opportunity|
RLS LLC designed, engineered, and developed the first press-to-connect fittings for the HVAC and refrigeration industries. Today, there are millions of RLS fittings installed worldwide, and the original, patented, proven RLS product line remains the only line of refrigerant press fittings in the world to be UL listed to 700 psi.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for supporting the overall sales performance/growth of RLS accounts by providing technical sales support. This will include communications, support, measurement, and management of some accounts. This role will coordinate with others in the organization to ensure exceptional customer service for RLS accounts.
RLS LLC is a part of the Plumbing and Refrigeration Sector of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway company. Marmon has 28,000-plus team members in more than 100 plus autonomous businesses that are divided into 11 groups, with total annual revenue of $10 billion.
Management Support Solutions, LLC is seeking a Sales Engineer for RLS LLC. The successful candidate will support the entire sales effort as well manage sales opportunities that develop. The ideal candidate will have experience and understanding of commercial HVAC and refrigeration systems, knowledge of press fittings, and should have a demonstrated track record in quoting and closing high dollar value technical sales proposals for commercial, industrial, and institutional accounts. The successful candidate must be highly motivated with a passion for relationship building and gaining new business opportunities.
The tasks for the Sales Engineer are:
- Work with sales team and distributors on opportunities with contractors to introduce RLS and convert from brazing to RLS.
- Identify distribution strengths and weakness in specific regions and add distribution partners where needed to overcome any Work with distributors to fill any gaps in stocking levels needed to cover end users’ expectations.
- Provide pre-sale and post-sale support effectively to build customer loyalty.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare and give technical presentations to explain products and services.
- Communicate with the sales team to understand consumer demands and provide technical sales support.
- Manage the sales of assigned RLS Maintain a contact program with key accounts.
- Work with the customers and engineers to ensure the equipment meets the system requirements.
- Secure orders, guarantee product standards and assure product delivery.
- Establish customer rapport and acceptance.
- Plan for modifications to products to meet consumer demands.
- Help clients to solve problems with product usage.
- Recommend new and improved products to the customers and explain how the equipment will be more cost-effective.
- Assist in establishing sales budget along with expense budget that supports the business plan for plumbing wholesale markets.
- Responsible for meeting company’s annual sales budget.
- Review and analyze product penetration, gross margin, sales goal, new customers, and frequency of purchases.
- Provide input to marketing on regional competitive pricing, competitor intelligence and general market conditions.
- Proactively develop strategies to acquire new customers and identify opportunities to grow existing customer’s sales.
- Coordinate special pricing and rebate programs and ensure that proper communications are made both internally and externally.
- Complete special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for providing monthly updates on technical sales opportunities and for developing ongoing forecasts for new and existing customers.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability, and environmental conditions required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent of education and experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in regional outside sales, preferably in plumbing or HVAC
- Experience/knowledge is an added plus for the following:
- Selling press products in plumbing/refrigeration.
- Construction contractor in plumbing/HVAC.
- Equipment sales involving Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF).
- Experience managing day to day sales and account activity.
- Proven track record of generating profitable and measured business growth.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Must display strong organizational and interpersonal skills and be able to effectively manage.
- Prior experience in a multi-faceted and fast-paced environment and prioritize and accomplish goals within specified time frames.
- Must be proficient with the use of databases, spreadsheets, and related computer programs.
- Must be results oriented and self-motivated.
This position specification should not be construed to contain every function or responsibility that may be required to be performed in this job. Other responsibilities will be as assigned.
- Initial conversation with Director of Sales, via video
- Interview with RLS President