Posted on January 18, 2024.
|Business Development Manager
|Anderson Copper and Brass Company LLC
|$85,000 to $100,000 base with a 20% bonus opportunity
Anderson Copper and Brass Company LLC d/b/a Anderson Fittings is a contract manufacturer of brass fittings used in plumbing and industrial applications. Anderson manufactures and supplies millions of fittings each month that go into products used every day.
The company headquarters machining and forgings activities is in Frankfort, IL (Chicago) with additional operations of similar capabilities in Brave, PA. These two plants are uniquely equipped to forge and machine brass products that are cost effective on a global stage. Anderson has 45 employees and backed with sound financial footing as part of the Plumbing and Refrigeration Sector of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway company. Marmon has 28,000-plus team members in more than 100 businesses that are divided into 11 groups, with total annual revenue of $10 billion.
Anderson Fittings is currently seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) to join their team. This is a new position. The BDM will be responsible for developing new opportunities well suited to the forging and machining capabilities of the two U.S. based plants. The BDM will lead market analysis initiatives, identify strategic opportunities, develop pricing, and manage new product launch while contributing to managing and expanding current customer activity to facilitate profitable growth.
The ideal candidate will have experience/understanding of metal, machining, building spreadsheets and completion of bills of material. There are no direct reports for the BDM. The BDM will be conducting hands-on management in the onboarding of new customers/products by leading the products through the Anderson system. The successful candidate must be highly motivated with a passion for relationship building and gaining new business.
The immediate tasks for the Business Development Manager are:
- Review current quotation activities and procedures, develop improvement ideas and further organize and take ownership of the process.
- Conduct, organize, and present findings through individual or coordinated market research activities to validate strategic vision and identify areas for growth and formalize sale pipeline.
- Establish targeted markets, customer, or applications to provide 10% revenue growth with the next year.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop new opportunities focused on brass or similar materials through market analysis and prospecting, VOC, and relationship building with engineers, operations, and purchasing personnel of current or potential customers.
- Manage new project opportunities from infancy to completion through quoting and production, serving as the key liaison with the customer.
- Follow up on and report regularly with respect to sales leads and development projects. (i.e. Sales Pipeline). Participate in developing new product pricing and implement pricing initiatives.
- Develop flexible sales plan that reflect 80/20 Business Analytics that monitor products purchased, shipment history, and forecast shipped pieces quarterly. Present short- and long-term plan internally and implement as appropriate.
- Work closely with Senior Management, Plant Operations personnel, and Accounting to facilitate optimal customer experience and gain clear understanding of capabilities for best fit opportunities.
- Maintain an accurate recording of customer and contact information to include call reports, containing business conditions and opportunities being pursued. Communicate clearly throughout the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability, and environmental conditions required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 2-5 years of experience in technical sales or applications engineering in Plumbing, PEX Plumbing, HVAC, Industrial, Pneumatic, or other related high volume fluid connector markets. Bachelor’s degree in technical field desirable.
- Working knowledge of forging and machining of components and related assemblies.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Ability to work independently or in collaboration with peers and staff to accomplish required functions remotely or in an office environment at the business unit locations.
- Willingness to travel safely via auto, air or other an average of 50% of the time.
- Experience in a manufacturing/fabrication company with annual sales above $15M desired.
This position specification should not be construed to contain every function or responsibility that may be required to be performed in this job. Other responsibilities will be as assigned.
- Initial conversation with President.
- Interview with President and Operations person.
- Interview with senior management.